Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU)
Brief Profile of Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU)
- Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- It is one of the oldest institutions in South Asia, which started as a school in 1885, became a college in 1943 and a university in February 2012.
- The Founder of Pakistan, Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, studied at this institution for about four and a half years from 1887-92.
- SMI university had no legacy system, they used to worked manual (Paper Environment)
- Manually, Admission systems were dealt.
- No Online Enrollment system were followed.
- Faculty used to provide results in spread sheet which was entered by Exam department later.
- No Fee check & Balance system were applied.
- No cut off dates were followed.
- Reports were maintained manually on spread sheet.
- No existing student records were assembled for data Migration.
- No SOP due to Government University
- Serious disconnection among departments
- No one took ownership
- No uniformity in policy
- We followed a rapid implementation methodology that ensures faster roll out
- Our different phases Project approach allowed simpler implementations and upgrades
- We brought expertise and experience of higher education practices from across the globe
- We brought rich experience of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation at various types of Universities general, specialized, private and public sector; large and small
Achievements, Benefits and Current Status:
- Successful implementation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Online Admission Processes are being used at SMIU.
- Online & Self Service Enrollments of all students are being done at SMIU 24/7.
- Online Evaluation of faculty and courses, Faculty Resume are maintained through Campus Solution
- Graduated students Directories are also maintained through PeopleSoft Campus Solutions which is being presented at Corporate level for Job placement.